Just Me and the Neilson Boys
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's learning to dance in the rain

Monday, May 17, 2010

We have a two year old!


I just can't believe that Tracen is 2 years old already.  He's the size of a three year old, but it seems like I just brought him home the other day!  He was so cute this morning.  We kept telling him "Happy Birthday!" and "you're two" so he walked around saying "two" and holding up two fingers and saying "appee bitdae"  I think he had a pretty good day, he played outside in the dirt, ate candy and suckers, and helped dad a whole bunch.  He loves corn on the cob and we got some in our basket this week so we had it for dinner.  He kept taking bites and saying "it's good"

Things I love about Tracen
He talks all the time!  Sometimes I have no idea what he's saying but I love how much he talks.  Sometimes I think he has no idea what we're saying because "huh" is probably his most used word.

I love it when he laughs, he has a happy laugh, a belly laugh a squeal, an evil I'm about to do something naughty laugh.  I love them all.

He's learned how to say thank you it sounds something like "tee too" and if you don't say you're welcome back, he'll say it for you.

He likes to come crawl into bed with us.  He brings his pillow, his monkey, whatever else suits his fancy cars, tractors, animals, airplanes, pretty much anything.

He LOVES popsicles and ice cream.  He was in absolute heaven when Jesse got his tonsils out and there were popsicles everywhere.  He learned how to open the freezer and help himself.

He dances to music.  It is the cutest most hilarious thing ever.

He is the baby of the family and knows it.  He can irritate the crap out of his brothers or love on them.  And they irritate him and love on him too.

He is well versed in words like "stop it!" and no.

Cows are his absolute favorite hands down.  However he likes most every farm animal as well, and tractors.

He will not go to nursery alone.  He was going so well and loved it and would let me leave him before he was 18 months old.  Then the instant he turned 18 months...no more.  I snuck out to go to the bathroom on Sunday and he was bawling when I came back.

He loves to wrestle with anyone who will wrestle with him

He loves to read books.

He gives the best "kissies" and hugs ever and snuggles.

My mom and dad got him this tractor for his birthday.  He kept pushing the button to make it go and then he'd put his hands on his hips and follow after it.
He tried to share his food with Mack.
This was him this morning on his birthday.  He was posing for me :)  He loves to have his picture taken!

Happy 2nd Birthday Buddy!  We love you!

1 comments:

Lauren said...

Aw! Happy birthday Tracen! I can't believe he's so big!!!!