I've decided that guys love chainsaws, it must be a testosterone thing, because really they don't do much for me at all. We went and got firewood up on the mountain yesterday. Since I don't love to run the chainsaw, I got to carry all the wood. We had a slight discussion halfway through about who was working harder since Josh was sweating more (he just sweats a lot). I told him that if he thought using a chainsaw was more work than the ginormous logs I was hauling out of the trees he could go find out where the bears poo (Josh-ism for telling someone where to go). He just laughed.
The boys helped take car of Tracen, stack and split wood and even hauled a few small pieces from the trees. Jesse made himself a spear to that he could catch us all some dinner and practiced his spear throwing skills.
Yesterday was also Tracen's 5 month birthday. He spent it in the car, in the snow, hanging out with all of us while we got wood. We did decide that we'd worked hard enough that we treated ourselves to La Fiesta for dinner and Ty experienced his first fried ice cream. Jesse had personal issues with ice cream being fried and we couldn't get him to try more than a half a bite.
Of course you're not a real man unless you cut down a real tree instead of just using one's on the ground, so Josh cut down two legal sized trees for good measure.
Ty helping Josh split wood on the homemade woodsplitter that just keeps going and going and going...
An innocent bystander...
Jesse honing his spearing skills


2 comments:
Getting firewood. That is just a concept I don't get or at least something I have never done. I thought that just happens in the movies. It looks cold. I bet your boys loved it.
Ha ha! I'm with Raegan! I would say that you worked hard than Josh.. wrangling kids and hauling wood sound like plenty! Happy 5 months to Tracen. He looks so big in his hoodie!
Post a Comment